bBIG Communications Acquires MilitaryWivesSaving.com and ThriftyShopaholic.com
Acquired companies to join MyMilitarySavings.com in meeting growing digital shopper demands
Coronado, CA – April 28, 2015 – bBIG Communications today announced that they have acquired the domains and assets of MilitaryWivesSaving.com and ThriftyShopaholic.com. The acquisition strengthens bBIG’s already strong Omnichannel marketing presence in the military market with their flagship site and distribution network MyMilitarySavings.com and will open the door to new digital shopper opportunities both inside and outside the gates.
MilitaryWivesSaving.com (now ThriftyShopaholic.com) was established in 2010 by Michelle Dudas, an army spouse and mom stationed at Ft. Bliss, El Paso, Texas, with the simple goal of providing commissary shopping advice, tips, and coupon savings to fellow military families. In just over 4 years website traffic has grown to 60,000 unique visitors and over 100,000 page views per month. To better meet demand, Michelle changed the name in 2014 to ThriftyShopaholic.com to include “outside the gates” savings at specialty retailers and big box stores like Zulily, Best Buy, and others.
The purchase of ThriftyShopaholic.com will enable bBIG Communications to explore new digital shopper channels, while bringing added community and content to their highly successful military shopper network, MyMilitarySavings.com. With 75,000 plus registered members and participation from over 370 premier consumer brands, MyMilitarySavings.com is a growing online community and marketing platform that integrates digital, mobile, social, and point of purchase savings for military families worldwide. For consumer advertisers like Kraft Foods, Del Monte Foods, J.M. Smucker Company, BIC USA, Johnson & Johnson, Diageo and many more, MyMilitarySavings.com provides combined reach of over 3 million authorized military shoppers and a unique opportunity to connect and support military families with exclusive manufacturer coupons, discounts, recipes, contests and promotions.
“Demand from our military shopper community and sponsors to explore new digital channels is what drove the acquisition,” states Dave Gibson, CEO, bBIG Communications. “Our purchase of the MilitaryWivesSaving.com and ThriftyShopaholic.com brands will enable us to increase our digital shopper reach and provide greater selection and savings to military families worldwide. We are thrilled to welcome Michelle and her team to the MyMilitarySavings.com family.”
Learn more about ThriftyShopaholic.com at ThriftyShopaholic.com
Press Release Archive
- Jun. 22, 2016 – MyMilitarySavings.com Founding Member Denny Gibson Retires; Company Greets 5 Year Anniversary with Strategic New Hires
- Jun. 22, 2015 – MyMilitarySavings.com Celebrates “4 Years Strong” with New Mobile Friendly Website and Much Gratitude for Continued Member and Sponsor Support
- Jun. 30, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com Launches “One Stop” Coupon Shopping Program
- Jun. 18, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com Celebrates 3-Year Anniversary with Record Membership and Engagement from Active, Retired, Reserve and Guard Military Community
- Mar. 26, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com Launches Omnichannel Programming and Reporting
- Feb. 25, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com Membership Surpasses 50,000 Military Families in 2013; Increases Community Reach to 1.9 Million Authorized Military Shoppers for Brands
- Jan. 29, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com Achieves Third Year of Growth, Gains New Leadership and Platform Capabilities through Corporate Merger
- Jun. 21, 2013 – Thank You.
- Jun. 21, 2012 – MyMilitarySavings.com Celebrates 1 Year Anniversary
- Jan. 16, 2012 – MyMilitarySavings.com Surges to #1 Most-‐Visited Military Consumer Savings Website