MyMilitarySavings.com Celebrates 3-Year Anniversary with Record Membership and Engagement from Active, Retired, Reserve and Guard Military Community
From brand coupons to building a global community, company and leading brands find much to celebrate
Coronado, CA – June 18, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com, the #1 military shopper community celebrates three years of helping military families serve, save and enjoy and enters second half of 2014 with record growth from military family members and brand sponsors.
Much has happened in the three years since Denny and David Gibson launched the MyMilitarySavings.com distribution network in June 2011 – a direct to military digital, social and mobile media network tied to in-store integration. In this time they have witnessed their website offerings expand, successfully executed a corporate merger (bBIG Communications), became an exclusive coupon distributor for Inmar and brought millions of military families together by filling a massive direct-to-consumer void in the military market via their digital community network.
As of June 1, the MyMilitarySavings.com digital community has grown to a membership exceeding 57,000 military families (an increase of over 50% from one year ago) with collective advertising support from over 339 global brands including Purina ONE, Planters, Pepsi, Hungry Jack, Baileys, Reese’s, Sara Lee, Capri Sun, Friskies, Alpo, Seagram’s 7, Cool Whip, Contadina, and hundreds more. During the same 12 month period, the social media community has exploded, led by the site’s team of military spouses who regularly blog, post, and actively engage on Twitter, Pinterest, and the company’s Facebook page, which shows little sign of slowing down in its ability to attract and engage military shoppers from around the globe.
In the past twelve months, Facebook metrics have accelerated to record levels; post views have increased by 460.0%, talking about us +66.6%, and Likes by +348.5%. Over a three-year period, the MyMilitarySavings Facebook page has produced a staggering 97,028,146 post views from mostly active and retired military family members located across the globe.
“What began simply as a way to help military shoppers get the most out of their authorized shopper benefit, MyMilitarySavings.com is transitioning to a military family community for sharing family fun ideas, ideals, and topics covering virtually every aspect of military life that one could imagine” states David Gibson, CEO, MyMilitarySavings.com. “Together, with a great level of input from industry partners and the military families themselves, MyMilitarySavings.com is providing leading brands with a powerful new level of marketing capabilities and detailed reporting, ultimately helping companies capture greater marketing efficiencies.”
Membership is free at http://www.mymilitarysavings.com/profile/sign_up and available to all families of Active Duty, Retired, Reserve and Guard members worldwide. Members will be treated to special giveaways and contests during the coming months to help celebrate the June anniversary, and to offer thanks for the many milestones reached over the past three years, including:
• Membership Growth – since June 2011, MyMilitarySavings.com has enjoyed consistent membership growth averaging roughly 1,500 new military members per month. Today, the site supports a thriving membership of over 57,000 authorized military shopper families, with 2014 member estimates topping 100,000
• Digital Reach – to date, the MyMilitarySavings.com website has received 3,231,060 Million page views and provides sponsors with combined reach of over 2.3 million authorized military shoppers
• Global Brand Support – MyMilitarySavings.com continues to provide brand sponsors with a unique opportunity to support and connect directly with military families around the globe. In a little over three years, MyMilitarySavings.com has grown from a handful of sponsors to a distribution network that delivers coupons and savings on 1,953 products from 339 brands
• Social & Mobile Media Engagement – social and mobile media engagement continue to play a critical role in the site’s extensive digital reach, influence, and community growth. Smartphones (42% of traffic) and social platforms enable members to connect and socialize daily with millions of active military spouses and family members on Twitter, Pinterest, blogs, and Facebook, which alone has produced over 97 million post views and over 40,000 Likes to date
• Digital Integration & Innovation – A key advantage for members and brand sponsors remains the integration of the digital platform with Commissary and Exchange Store point- of-sale marketing. This integration provides simpler savings for families, and provides consumer marketing professionals with better reach and greater visibility into their marketing investment.
Aggressive enhancements to the MyMilitarySavings.com platform are ongoing and include the launch of a new Coupons page in May, a New Items page this summer, and continued enhancements to the members-only "MY Shopping List” app that keeps tab on over 1,900 items letting shoppers build, view, and print customized shopping lists via mobile device.
“Based on member feedback, we will continue exploring new features and content offerings that continue to focus on the underlying community aspects of the platform” states Mark Igo, COO. “We are excited about what we have in store for the coming year, and look forward to delivering an experience that meets and exceeds the expectations of both users and sponsors.”
Press Release Archive
- Jun. 22, 2016 – MyMilitarySavings.com Founding Member Denny Gibson Retires; Company Greets 5 Year Anniversary with Strategic New Hires
- Jun. 22, 2015 – MyMilitarySavings.com Celebrates “4 Years Strong” with New Mobile Friendly Website and Much Gratitude for Continued Member and Sponsor Support
- Apr. 28, 2015 – bBIG Communications Acquires MilitaryWivesSaving.com and ThriftyShopaholic.com
- Jun. 30, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com Launches “One Stop” Coupon Shopping Program
- Mar. 26, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com Launches Omnichannel Programming and Reporting
- Feb. 25, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com Membership Surpasses 50,000 Military Families in 2013; Increases Community Reach to 1.9 Million Authorized Military Shoppers for Brands
- Jan. 29, 2014 – MyMilitarySavings.com Achieves Third Year of Growth, Gains New Leadership and Platform Capabilities through Corporate Merger
- Jun. 21, 2013 – Thank You.
- Jun. 21, 2012 – MyMilitarySavings.com Celebrates 1 Year Anniversary
- Jan. 16, 2012 – MyMilitarySavings.com Surges to #1 Most-‐Visited Military Consumer Savings Website