20 Aug 2012
Most military ID card holders look forward to buying things like large detergents, canned goods and more but there are more reasons to attend your local base case lot sale.
With the school season soon to be in full effect now is the perfect time to begin the stock up process. I know for me personally school lunch is expensive but believe or not creating home lunches can be just as pricey.
The commissary is making it easier with all of the upcoming case lot sales at will be held in September. DECA recently shared they offer bulk items which are great for back to school snacks and meals. In addition you can expect to save up to 50% on these items.
Some items you can expect to find at September's case lot sales include, trail mix, sport drinks and fruit bars.
In addition there are lots of savings and fun back to school events as listed here via DECA:
“Hot-Summer Grillin’, School-time Thrillin’.”From mid-July to Sept. 12, Kraft Foods, General Mills, Ocean Spray, Heinz, Pfizer, Beiersdorf, Schwarzkopf & Henkel, Reynolds, Sun-Maid, Fresh Express, Tyson Foods and Ralston Cereals are partnering to offer a 32-page coupon booklet valued at $42 to include savings on fresh meat, produce, bakery, family meal favorites and back-to-school products. The booklet also includes recipes, a shopping checklist and tips from Kay’s Kitchen.
· “Box Tops for Education.” From July 26 to Aug. 8, General Mills is offering product demos, high-value coupons and a chance to support schools by donating 10 cents for every box top collected from participating General Mills items, which will be carrying two box tops during this special promotion. See store displays for more details. General Mills will donate a portion of its profits from this promotion to the Scholarships for Military Children program.
· “Start School Like a Champion.” From July 26 to Aug. 22, Kellogg’s is offering promotions for cash prizes, ACER notebooks, and Team USA backpacks, high-value coupons and in-store demonstrations.
· Seventh Annual Back-to-School Event. From July 26 to Aug. 22, Overseas Service Corporation and its manufacturer partners are sponsoring a “Coupon Connection” flyer available in stores. Commissary shoppers should look for posters, banners and other in-store items promoting the flyer. Product manufacturers are donating a portion of the earnings from this promotion to the Scholarships for Military Children program.
· “$MARTER $avings Back-to-School Event!” From July 26 to Sept. 26, ConAgra Foods, Nissin and Bumble Bee are partnering to provide coupon booklets valued at $9 in savings on back-to-school products such as Chef Boyardee, Peter Pan, Manwich, Kid Cuisine, Snack Pak, Bumble Bee Salad Kits and Nissin Bowl Noodles. Also, shoppers who purchase 10 participating ConAgra products can mail in a tear card to receive a $5 coupon toward their next commissary meat department purchase. ConAgra is donating $5,000 from this promotion to the Scholarships for Military Children program.
· “Lunch Box Full of Savings.” Aug. 9-22, Dixon Marketing is offering an essay contest for military children for a chance to be one of 10 recipients of a Kindle Fire. The essay must address the theme, “Why I am proud to be an American!” For more information about the essay contest, go to http://www.familymedia.com/dmi/. There will also be high-value coupons available through in-store flyers and store displays.
· “Win from Within.” From July 26 to Aug. 8, Gatorade is offering commissary shoppers savings on participating beverages. For more information, go to http://www.Gatorademilitary.com. During this promotional period, Gatorade is also sponsoring a “Great Gator Bowl Giveaway” contest that includes airfare for two with hotel accommodations and two VIP tickets to the Gator Bowl, taking place in January 2013. Other prizes will include NCAA gift cards and Gatorade merchandise. Customers will see contest materials in participating stores beginning July 26, and they can enter through the Gatorade website, Aug. 1-8.
· “Salute to Clean.”From July 26 to Sept. 12, Unilever and Advantage Continental is sponsoring a sales promotion on all Unilever personal wash brands, including Dove, Caress, Lever 2000, Suave, St. Ives and Axe, with special pricing and coupons. Customers can also see in-store displays for a chance to win Commissary Gift Cards. A total of $25,000 in prizes will be given away to commissary shoppers. Commissary customers may also visit Unilever’s military-specific website, www.OperationInTouch.com, for personal hygiene tips, as well as find another chance to win prizes.