About The My Military Savings Scholarship - $1,000
MyMilitarySavings.com was founded in 2011 because we saw a need for military families to have commissary and exchange promotions and other military discounts readily available at their fingertips. Now, a MyMilitarySavings.com membership allows families to take advantage of up-to-the-minute savings, special offers, deals, and more on hundreds of global brands.
We understand the financial challenges that being part of a military family presents, which is why our mission has always been to help make discounts and special offers as accessible as possible. The cost of college may perhaps be one of the largest financial burdens on a military family, which is why we have created The My Military Savings Scholarship, an annual scholarship that will go to one student each year who displays both academic excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
To apply for this scholarship, please write original 1,500-2,000-word essay answering the following prompt:
• What do you believe are three unique challenges modern military families face today, and what are solutions to each challenge presented?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Student must be full-time, undergraduate with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5.
- Student must be majoring in business, advertising, communications, marketing, or education.
- Student must write original essay and mail to address specified below. Essay should include student’s full name, .edu email address, and a copy of official transcripts.
- Immediate relatives of MyMilitarySavings.com employees are not eligible for this scholarship.
Please mail essay and copy of official transcript to:
PO BOX 1416
Richmond Hill, GA 31324
Essay should be postmarked no later than Jun 8th each year. Scholarship will be awarded directly to financial aid office by July 17th, annually.
As mentioned above, scholarship will be awarded directly to financial aid office corresponding with student’s .edu email address. Scholarship winner may be asked to provide personal identification information to verify enrollment. Student may also be asked to share photo with MyMilitarySavings.com for social media purposes. MyMilitarySavings.com reserves the right to withhold disbursement in the event that there is no suitable applicant that meet’s this scholarship’s requirements. Student must respond to contact from MyMilitarySavings.com within 30 days, or they relinquish the rights to The My Military Savings Scholarship.
- There is no fee associated with this scholarship, and we will not ask for credit card or banking information upon application.
- MyMilitarySavings.com will not rent, share, sell, trade, or transfer student’s information to anyone.
- Any questions about this scholarship, including application instructions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.