HUGS & KISSES Valentine's Cake
Delicious Hershey's Recipe
What You Need
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line bottoms of two 9-inch heart-shaped baking pans with wax paper.* Remove wrappers from 24 HUGS Candies and 24 KISSES Chocolates; chop into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chopped candy. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire racks. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted when stirred. Trace 5-inch heart shape on paper; place wax paper over top. Place melted chip mixture in bottom of sturdy seal-top plastic bag; using scissors, snip off small corner at bottom. Pipe melted chocolate over heart; refrigerate until firm.
- Prepare WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING; reserve 1 cup. Frost between layers, sides and top of cake. Place reserved frosting in a clean sturdy seal-top plastic bag with star tip; pipe rosettes along top of cake. Unwrap remaining HUGS Candies; place on top of rosettes. Unwrap remaining KISSES Chocolates; place along bottom edge of cake. Remove chocolate heart from wax paper; place in center of cake. Cover and refrigerate cake. Makes 12 servings.
- WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING: Place 1 tablespoon cold water in small cup; sprinkle 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin over top. Let stand several minutes to soften. Stir in 2 tablespoons boiling water until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Beat 2 cups (1 pt.) cold whipping cream and 1/3 cup powdered sugar in large bowl until stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well blended and thickened. Stir in 5 drops red food color, if desired. About 4 cups frosting.* Two 9-inch round baking pans can be used in place of heart-shaped pans, if desired.
Ratings & Reviews
Yummy and pretty all wrapped in one. This is awesome!!
Bobbi P. – 02/03/2015 –
Love it - easy and delicious and looks terrific
Jane C. – 02/04/2015 –
Love this. It was very easy.
Beth M. – 02/24/2015 –
Rate this Recipe