French Toast Casserole
Serve on Chinet Cut Crystal Plates.
What You Need
- Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1 inch each. Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9" x 13" flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly.
- Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture.
- Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the praline topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread praline topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden.
- Serve with maple syrup on Chinet® Cut Crystal® plates.
Ratings & Reviews
Yummy!!...I am going to make this today for my kiddos...they do not have school on Halloween so they get to sleep in...but I bet the smell of this awesome breakfast will wake them right up!
Thanks for sharing!
Bobbi P. – 10/31/2014 –
My daughter and I had this the other day and LOVED it and I never was a fan of french toast!
Cerra S. – 12/29/2014 –
Rate this Recipe