02 Apr 2012
Easter Bunny Pudding Desserts
Summary: Fun for kid's to help decorate!
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 8 CAMEO Creme Sandwich Cookies
- 8 each jelly beans and gumdrops
- 8 pieces red string licorice, cut into thirds
- Decorating icings and gels
- POUR milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix; beat with wire whisk 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- SPOON evenly into 4 dessert dishes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- INSERT 2 cookies into 1 side of each dish to make the "bunny's ears, then decorate with candies, licorice and decorating icings and gels as desired for the faces.
Variation: Prepare as directed, using JELL-O Banana Flavor Instant Pudding.
Cooking time (duration): prep: 10 min total: 15 min
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: Dessert
Chocolate Chip Easter Baskets
Summary: These adorable Chocolate Chip Easter Baskets are a special springtime treat to be remembered.
- 1 package (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 cup prepared white frosting
- Green food coloring
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- WONKA® SweeTARTS® or SPREE® Jelly Beans
- Thin-string licorice, various colors, cut into 3-inch pieces for basket handles (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 24 mini-muffin cups. Place one square of cookie dough into each cup.
- BAKE for 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pans to wire rack. If licorice handles are to be added, with tip of wooden pick, make two holes opposite each other on top edge of cup. Make sure holes are the same size as the width of the licorice. This is best done when cups are very warm. Cool cups completely in pans on wire rack. With tip of butter knife, remove cookie cups from muffin pans. Arrange on serving platter.
- COMBINE frosting and a few drops of food coloring in small bowl, adding additional food coloring until desired shade is reached.
- DISSOLVE a few drops of food coloring in 1/4 teaspoon water in small, resealable food storage plastic bag. Add coconut. Seal bag and shake to evenly coat coconut.
- SPOON a small amount of frosting onto the top of each cup. Add a pinch of tinted coconut. Top grass with SweeTarts Jelly Beans. Insert ends of licorice into small holes in cups for handles.
Variation: Thin-string licorice, various colors, cut into 3-inch pieces for basket handles (optional)
Cooking time (duration): Prep: 45 mins Cooking: 14 mins
Number of servings (yield): 24 baskets
Meal type: Dessert